Monday, 16 February 2009

16th February

Well this is my first or second birthday here depending on you look at it!! To my joy it was a birthday without any rice or curry!!
At school as I walked in through the door, I knew that they had been informed, their faces were all joyful and then wouldn't stop shaking my hand and wishing me happy birthday. I brought a cake, and some smudged it over their faces rather than eating it, but it was fun, and they sung happy birthday too!! Fun!! Then I went to KFC with three girl, that was nice I now have some good friends that I can spend sometime with, and one girl called Santana, I am more close to and she seems to feel to help me in what I am doing,with the youth, and wherever she can help and she is a great prayer partener, so I am really happy about that, as that was what I have been praying for lately as I have been feeling a little lonely, but God has again provided!!
And then in the evening, I got to eat pasta alfredo that the people I live with got me as a treat, and they bought me a beautiful birthday cake with my name written on it and lovely roses, and it was a ribbon cake and so tasty!!!!! And Trudy sang happy birthday to me too!! They are so kind! So it has been a nice day!! Hard to believe that I am now yet another year older, and even more hard to believe that I am in Sri Lanka for it!!!!!!!!! The first birthday of many to come here!!!!!!

No comments: